Thank you for your interest in joining the International Association of Coroners and Medical Examiners.
There are three levels of membership with IACME, which are outlined below:
- Fellow/Active Member - Fellow members have voting privileges and are able to hold office. Any person eighteen years of age or older will be eligible for Fellow membership in said organization provided that such persons are or have been Coroners, Deputy Coroners, Medical Examiners or members of their respective staffs and/or employed in and/or specializing in the field of medicolegal death investigation and/or the adjunctive disciplines.
- Associate Member -Associate members are those members who are eighteen years or older, who do not meet the status for Fellow or choose not to seek Fellow status but are involved with medicolegal death investigation by some professional/educational means. i.e. students, faculty, retirees, and other individuals associated with medicolegal death investigations. Associate members shall not have the privilege to vote or hold office.
- Honorary Member - Honorary members are those members who are in good standing and are no longer active in the field of medicolegal death investigation. Honorary members will pay no dues and will not be eligible to hold office. They must make application for the status of an Honorary member. Honorary memberships will be approved at the discretion of the Executive Committee or their designee.
Office Memberships are limited to coroner or medical examiner offices. Officer memberships include one Fellow membership and entitle the office to register their staff as Associate members. Office memberships are based on the population of the jurisdiction and will be classified as follows:
- Class I - Population <100,000
- Class II - Population 100,000-500,000
- Class III - Population >500,000
State Membership is available for state medicolegal associations.
Vendor Membership is available for vendors who are involved with medicolegal investigations. Vendor members will not have voting privileges. Vendor memberships are $250/year starting the first year.
To renew your current membership, please sign-in to renew.
Join IACME Here